Friday, July 6, 2012

TED

The movie that if you haven't seen a trailer or the poster, you don't know what you are getting yourself into.  The movie about a teddy bear coming to life and 25 years, or 27 years, later he is all grown up with his friend, Johnny.


I enjoyed this film. This is the type of film one goes to just enjoy and laugh.  There isn't a deep meaning to the movie.  There isn't a reason you are walking into this movie and thinking, "This better be academy award worthy.  Otherwise I'll be pissed." It's about a boy and his bear when they are all grown up.  The poster alone shows you the type of movie it will be.  A bear with a bong and beer bottles around him.


 If you aren't a Family guy, American Dad fan, or you just don't know Seth MacFarlane, then you probably won't enjoy this movie.  It has a lot of funny moments and some jokes that don't know when to start or end.  There were some moments that I didn't really laugh at only because I know at the time of filming it might have seemed funny. But for me, it didn't really do much.  Then again, there were only a few jokes that I didn't laugh at.  I laughed and loved the references they made. The fact that it was pretty much watching a ten year old in a 35 year old's body.  In the film it also makes fun of Flash Gordon too. That had to be one of my favorite moments in the film. I was laughing pretty hard in the theater.  There are plenty of jokes for everyone to enjoy. From relationships, getting a job, drugs, alcohol, and basically the same things covered in Family Guy.


There isn't much about the film that I hated.  Besides that some jokes didn't land.  I enjoyed the film.  The cast was great.  All friends of Seth's, I'm sure of it.  They each played off one another really well.  References to old movies, TV shows, and some celebrity jokes here and there.


Why should you this film?  1) You want to watch a good comedy film.   2) You're a fan of Seth MacFarlane and want to see what he did with a feature film.  Reasons not to see this movie?  You don't like Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and you aren't fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment